Student: Somanath dash
Q. Ask Question: Any topic on Maths ?5x-8=2x-9
Somanath, Thanks for your question.
Here is the solution with simple steps :
Topic : Algebra - Equations
Concept : Put constants on LHS and Variable on RHS and solve.
- Given Equation 5x - 8 = 2x - 9
- Here variable is x so bring all variables on LHS(Left hand side)
- And bring all variables (numbers) on RHS (Right hand side)
- Bringing 2x on LHS we get, 5x - 2x -8 = - 9
- Similarly Moving -8 to RHS, 5x - 2x = - 9 + 8
- Simplifying, we get 3x = - 1
Hence x = - 1/3
Feel free to post any more queries and also share on Twitter / Facebook using the links available on top of the page so that more students can get benefited.
Back to blog