Student: vikas jain
Q. A path 2.5 m wide is running a square field whose side is 45 m. Determine the area of the path
Vikas, Thanks for your question.
Here is the solution with steps :
Topic : Algebra - Equations
Concept : Field is square shape and path is around that so shape of field including path would also be square share. So Imagine that there are 2 squares, First is bigger one including the path around it and second one smaller which is original square field without path included. So difference of area of 2 squares would be area of path.
- Area of square = side * side
- Smaller square side is 45 m
- Area of small square = 45 * 45 m2 = 2025 m2
- Bigger square side is 45 + 2.5 = 47.5 m
- Area of small square = 47.5 * 47.5 m2 = 2256.25 m2
- Area of path = Area of bigger square - Area of smaller square
- Area of path = 2256.25 - 2025 = 231.25 m2
Feel free to post any more queries and also share on Twitter / Facebook using the links available on top of the page so that more students can get benefited.Back to blog